The notice below has expired - To receive our email alerts in the future please click here for a free trial.
Procurement Notice Details
B-ram mode 5c flow-through radio-isotope beta/gamma detector system
Purchaser: Department of Health and Human Services - National Institutes of Health
Added: Jun 02, 2015 3:28 pm
Short Title: B-RAM Mode 5c Flow-Through Radio-Isotope Beta/Gamma Detector system.
Document Type: Presolicitation Notice
Solicitation Number: N02CO52610-78
Posted Date: 6/2/2015
Response Date: 6/17/2015
Classification Code: 6640
NAICS Code: 334516
Contracting Office Address
Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Office of Acquisitions, 9609 Medical Center Drive, Room 1E140, Rockville, MD 20850, UNITED STATES
National Cancer Institute (NCI), Center for Cancer Research (CCR), Basic Laboratory Research (BLR), plans to procure on a sole source basis, a B-RAM Mode 5c Flow-Through Radio-Isotope Beta/Gamma Detector system from LabLogic Systems, Inc. East Pointe Park, 1040 East Brandon Blvd. Brandon, FL 33511-5509.
This acquisition will be processed in accordance with simplified acquisition procedures as stated in FAR Part 13.106-1(b)(1). The North American Industry Classification System code is 334516 and the business size standard is 500 employees.
Only one award will be made as a result of this solicitation. This will be awarded as a firm fixed price type contract.
The delivery date is 30 days from date of award.
It has been determined there are no opportunities to acquire green products or services for this procurement.
In order to meet NCI's research goals and to maintain continuity it was determined that LabLogic is the best source for its compatibility with the Packard Radiomatic 500TR and Lablogic/INUS systems Model 3. This scientific equipment will allow for detection, evaluation, and identification of chemicals considered of interest to the mission of the NCI; this equipment will allow NCI to implement methods that are not currently available using the equipment available in the laboratory at this time. The studies conducted in the Laboratory are qualitative and quantitative in nature and use of radiochemicals is necessary to fulfill the aims of the studies conducted in the lab and therefore the mission of the NCI.
The salient characteristics are:
- Flow-through radiochemical detector capable of detecting 3H and 14C-radiolabel in eluent from UPLC and HPLC.
- Must have software that can control the radiochemical detector and UPLC/HPLC system manufactured by Waters or Agilent.
- Instrument must provide sensitivity with the speed and efficiency of on-line counting.
- Instrument to provide Active Counting Mode and Stop Flow to enhance levels of sensitivity and limits of detection.
- Must use low dead volume fittings, tubing and mixing components to ensure the best possible resolution between peaks and to retain peak shape. Use specially designed flow cells to keep peak integrity.
- Must support the latest LC techniques such as UPLC, Fast LC, Rapid resolution LC.
- Must be capable of either homogeneous counting by admixing with liquid scintillator via the accurate built in pump or heterogeneous counting with a range of pre-packed solid scintillator flow cells for both sensitive low level metabolism work and high activity preperative HPLC work.
- Software must offer full control of the radiochromatography process in a simple, easy to use format - multiple trace display and data treatment, quench correction, decay correction, manual and automatic peak finding, scintillator pump control, fraction collector control, and multiple run overlay.
The Items are:
- B-RAM Model 5C flow-through radioisotope beta/gamma detector.
- Laura Annual Support Contract from date of installation.
- 03-FlowLogic U (4x4L).
- Two Laura 4 applications software, one for the Packard Radiomatics 500TR and one for B-RAM Model 5.
- Liquid Mixing Cell (500 PSI. Volume Range is 400-500ul).
- Laura 4 HPLC control module for control of HPLC system modules (pumps, autosamplers, UV, DAD etc).
- Active Counting Mode in Laura for use with B-RAM 5.
- Manual Adjustable Splitter.
- Mass Spec Kit
- One year parts and labor warranty
- Installation and Familiarization Training
Place of delivery:
111 TW Alexander Dr.
Research Triangle Park, NC 27709
This notice is not a request for competitive quotation. However, if any interested party, especially small business believes it can meet the above requirement, it may submit a proposal or quote for the Government to consider. The response and any other information furnished must be in writing and must contain material in sufficient detail to allow NCI to determine if the party can perform the requirement. Responses must be received in the contracting office by 1:30 PM EDT, on June 17, 2015. All responses and questions must be via email to Francisco Mendoza, Contracting Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org. A determination by the Government not to compete this proposed requirement based upon responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government. Information received will be considered solely for the purpose of determining whether to conduct a competitive procurement. In order to receive an award, contractors must be registered in sam.gov and have complete Representations and Certifications. Reference: N02CO52610-78on all correspondence.
Contracting Office Address:
9609 Medical Center Drive, Room 1E128
Rockville, Maryland 20852
Primary Point of Contact.:
June 2, 2015
Jun 17, 2015 1:30 pm Eastern
Automatic, 15 days after response date
July 2, 2015
Original Set Aside:
66 -- Instruments & laboratory equipment
334 -- Computer and Electronic Product Manufacturing/334516 -- Analytical Laboratory Instrument Manufacturing
IMPORTANT note from NuclearMarket: US organisations publish various notices for a single project: Synopsis, Solicitation, Amendments, etc. Due to volume, we cannot publish them all. If this notice is of interest, please make sure the Purchaser keeps you informed of all publications or alternatively you may if possible wish to register on the website link provided herewith.