The notice below has expired - To receive our email alerts in the future please click here for a free trial.
Procurement Notice Details
Flood-prevention works [almondbank flood protection scheme — contract 2 (traces of radium 226 have been found within the construction zone)]
Purchaser: Perth and Kinross Council
04/07/2015 S127 Member states - Works - Contract notice - Restricted procedure
United Kingdom-Perth: Flood-prevention works
Section I: Contracting authority
Name, addresses and contact point(s)
Perth and Kinross Council
Pullar House, 35 Kinnoull Street
For the attention of: Russell Stewart
PH1 5PH Perth
Telephone: +44 1738475000
Fax: +44 1738475510
General address of the contracting authority: http://www.pkc.gov.uk
Address of the buyer profile: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/search/Search_AuthProfile.aspx?ID=AA00372
Electronic access to information: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Electronic submission of tenders and requests to participate: http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk
Further information can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Specifications and additional documents (including documents for competitive dialogue and a dynamic purchasing system) can be obtained from: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to: The above mentioned contact point(s)
Type of the contracting authority
Regional or local authority
Other: flood protection scheme
Contract award on behalf of other contracting authorities
The contracting authority is purchasing on behalf of other contracting authorities: no
Section II: Object of the contract
Title attributed to the contract by the contracting authority:
Almondbank Flood Protection Scheme — Contract 2.
Type of contract and location of works, place of delivery or of performance
Main site or location of works, place of delivery or of performance: Perth, Scotland.
NUTS code UKM27
Information about a public contract, a framework agreement or a dynamic purchasing system (DPS)
The notice involves a public contract
Information on framework agreement
Short description of the contract or purchase(s)
The Scheme is confined to the areas of Almondbank and Lochty. The northern upstream extent of the Scheme on the River Almond begins at Bridgeton and continues downstream to the private properties at Craigneuk (on the left bank) and the Perth Town Lade (on the right bank). The upstream extent of the proposed scheme on the East Pow Burn is at the A85 Road Bridge, whilst the downstream extent is marked by its confluence with the River Almond.
The Scheme consists of set back and in-channel flood defences along the River Almond and the East Pow Burn. The defences comprise of approximately 1 000 linear metres of sheet piled flood walls, 1 500 m reinforced concrete flood walls, 750 m of earth embankments and over 2 000 m of erosion protection measures. The Scheme also includes replacing and raising two vehicle access bridges along the East Pow Burn and raising and moving an existing pedestrian access bridge on the River Almond. A temporary flood water storage reservoir will be created on the existing playing field in the centre of the village. A community sports pavilion will also be built in the vicinity. The impact of the Scheme on surface water flooding has been addressed with additional drainage measures, modifications to existing highway drainage systems and the provision of water pumping stations. In addition a number of related construction works are required, including site clearance and utility diversions.
Traces of Radium 226 have been found within the construction zone in part of the site and will be encountered in the works. Authorisation, from SEPA, to accumulate and dispose of radioactive waste will be in force for this section of the contract.
The works will be let under the NEC Conditions of Contract. The scheme is located in an environmentally-sensitive area and the River Almond is a tributary of the River Tay, a Special Area of Conservation. All works likely to have an impact upon the environmentally sensitive watercourses in the area will need to follow stringent environmental management plan contractual requirements and will involve consultation with statutory and non-statutory bodies regarding development and approval of suitable environmental mitigation measures that meet these contractual requirements. Particular care and attention is required regarding the timing of all construction works adjacent to/in the River Almond and East Pow Burn.
The works are expected to commence in spring 2016 for a duration of 9 months. The contract value is estimated to be between GBP 6-7M.
Note: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Public Contracts Scotland Web Site at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=404338.
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at http://www.publiccontractsscotland.gov.uk/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.
Common procurement vocabulary (CPV)
Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The contract is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement (GPA): yes
This contract is divided into lots: no
Information about variants
Variants will be accepted: no
Quantity or scope of the contract
Total quantity or scope:
Estimated value excluding VAT:
Range: between 6 000 000 and 7 000 000 GBP
Information about options
Information about renewals
This contract is subject to renewal: no
Duration of the contract or time limit for completion
Duration in months: 9 (from the award of the contract)
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Conditions relating to the contract
Deposits and guarantees required:
It is anticipated that a performance bond or parent company guarantees will be required. Further details will be provided at the tender document stage.
Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
If applying on behalf of a consortium, any contract will be entered into with the nominated lead organisation and all members of the consortium, who will in these circumstances each be required to execute said contract together with all ancillary documentation, evidencing their joint and several liability in respect of the obligations and liabilities of the contract. It will be for members of the consortium to sort out their respective duties and liabilities amongst each other. For administrative purposes, any associated documentation will be sent to the nominated lead organisation.
Other particular conditions
The performance of the contract is subject to particular conditions: no
Conditions for participation
Personal situation of economic operators, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they are not bankrupt or the subject of an administration order, are not being wound-up, have not granted a trust deed, are not the subject of a petition presented for sequestration of their estate, have not had a receiver, manager or administrator appointed and are not otherwise apparently insolvent.
(2) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that the candidate, their directors, or any other person who has powers of representation, decision or control of the candidate has not been convicted of conspiracy, corruption, bribery, or money laundering. Failure to provide such a declaration will result in the candidate being declared ineligible and they will not be selected to participate in this procurement process.
(3) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the conduct of their business or profession.
(4) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have not committed an act of grave misconduct in the course of their business or profession.
(5) All candidates must comply with the requirements of the State in which they are established, regarding registration on the professional or trade register.
(6) Any candidate found to be guilty of serious misrepresentation in providing any information required, may be declared ineligible and not selected to continue with this procurement process.
(7) All candidates will have to demonstrate that they are licensed, or a member of the relevant organisation, in the State where they are established, when the law of that State prohibits the provision of the services, described in this notice, by a person who is not so licensed or who is not a member of the relevant organisation.
(8) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the candidate is established
(9) All candidates will be required to produce a certificate or declaration demonstrating that they have fulfilled obligations relating to the payment of taxes under the law of any part of the United Kingdom or of the relevant State in which the economic operator is established.
Economic and financial ability
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met: (1) All candidates will be required to provide a reference from their bank.
(2) All candidates will be required to provide evidence of relevant professional risk indemnity insurance.
(3) All candidates will be required to provide a statement, covering the 3 previous financial years including the overall turnover of the candidate and the turnover in respect of the activities which are of a similar type to the subject matter of this notice.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide statements of accounts or extracts from those accounts relating to their business.
Information and formalities necessary for evaluating if the requirements are met:
(1) A statement of the candidate's average annual number of staff and managerial staff over the previous 3 years
(2) Details of the educational and professional qualifications of their managerial staff; and those of the person(s) who would be responsible for providing the services or carrying out the work or works under the contract;
(3) All candidates will be required to provide certification from an independent body attesting conformity to environmental management standards in accordance with the Community Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS); or the European standard BS EN ISO 14001.
(4) All candidates will be required to provide certification drawn up by an independent body attesting the compliance of the economic operator with quality assurance standards based on the relevant European standards.
(5) A statement of the principal goods sold or services provided by the supplier or the services provider in the past 3 years, detailing the dates on which the goods were sold or the services provided; the consideration received; the identity of the person to whom the goods were sold or the services were provided
(6) A check may be carried out by the contracting authority or by a competent official body of the State in which the candidate is established, to verify the technical capacity of the candidate; and if relevant, on the candidates study and research facilities and quality control measures;
(7) A statement of the candidate's technical facilities; measures for ensuring quality; and their study and research facilities;
(8) An indication of the proportion of the contract which the services provider intends possibly to subcontract.
(9) A statement of the technicians or technical services available to the candidate to carry out the work under the contract; or be involved in the production of goods or the provision of services under the contract; particularly those responsible for quality control, whether or not they are independent of the candidate.
(10) A list of works carried out over the past 5 years, detailing the value of the consideration received; when and where the work or works were carried out; and whether they were carried out according to the rules of the trade or profession and properly completed.
Information about reserved contracts
Conditions specific to services contracts
Information about a particular profession
Staff responsible for the execution of the service
Section IV: Procedure
Type of procedure
Type of procedure
Limitations on the number of operators who will be invited to tender or to participate
Envisaged number of operators: 6
Reduction of the number of operators during the negotiation or dialogue
The most economically advantageous tender in terms of the criteria stated in the specifications, in the invitation to tender or to negotiate or in the descriptive document
Information about electronic auction
An electronic auction will be used: no
File reference number attributed by the contracting authority:
Previous publication(s) concerning the same contract
Conditions for obtaining specifications and additional documents or descriptive document
Time limit for receipt of requests for documents or for accessing documents: 31.7.2015
Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
10.8.2015 - 12:00
Date of dispatch of invitations to tender or to participate to selected candidates
Language(s) in which tenders or requests to participate may be drawn up
Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Conditions for opening of tenders
Section VI: Complementary information
Information about recurrence
Information about European Union funds
Procedures for appeal
Body responsible for appeal procedures
Head of Legal Services
Perth & Kinross Council 2 High Street
PH1 1PH Perth
Lodging of appeals
Service from which information about the lodging of appeals may be obtained
Date of dispatch of this notice:
http://ted.europa.eu/, TED database, © European Communities, 1995-2015.